QCRC is a rowing club for Junior and High school students from local public and private school districts
QCRC offers Youth recreational and competitive high school rowing programs for ages 12–18 for all local public and private schools within the Cincinnati area.
Youth rowers will learn the basics of the sport and the art of racing. QCRC teaches both sweeping and sculling and all rowers start rowing in a 4+ or 4X (quad) boat. Rowers need to complete the basic Learn to Row program first before joining the team. Once they graduate, they can continue with our recreational rowing or competitive programs.
QCRC Youth Competitive Rowing
QCRC rowers learn the best sculling and sweeping technique in an environment that is respectful, competitive, and positive. Rowers will develop excellent life skills that will help them in their personal and professional lives. For many of our rowers, scholarship opportunities in college will be available since recruiters are looking for athletes with good technique skills that come from good coaching staff.
QCRC Fall Rowing Team
Join our 2017 Fall Rowing Season with Queen City Rowing Club
Become part of our sculling squad and join our successful team of coaches. Compete against some of the best crews in the nation and meet college coaches at regattas for future scholarship opportunities.
- Queen City Rowing Club (QCRC) is located at 5001 Kellogg Ave Cincinnati, OH
- Practices: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM at QCRC Rowing Center
- Rowers will learn to row on quads (4x, four person boats), doubles (2x, two person boats) and singles (1x, one person boats)
- Novice boats will race at one regatta in the fall
- Varsity rowers will race in 3 regattas
- Regattas are 5000 meter long
- Practices include running, lifting, erging, and other workouts
- Fall season begins September 1st and ends October 27th
- Parent and Rower informational session will be September 1st at QCRC’s Rowing Center at 5PM
Head of the Hidden Dragon – Cincinnati, OH – 10/21
Speakmon Memorial – Columbus, OH – 10/29
Head of the Hooch – Chattanooga, TN – 11/4–5
COST & INFORMATION
- $400 season fee
- Includes coaching, boats, launches, and transportation of boats to regattas
- Includes travel expenses such as hotel, food, and regatta fees (uniforms not included)
- Liability insurance
- Boat insurance
Contact Head Coach Pedro Palacios at 513-3074265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 CLARK MONTESSORI CREW VARSITY TEAM
Crew is now a varsity sport at Clark for the last year! Join our successful team of coaches. Compete against some of the best crews in the nation and meet college coaches at regattas for future scholarship opportunities.
- MUST have all paperwork completed by Monday, February 29th, 2017.
- See information above under Youth Rowing
- Paperwork forms at: www.clarkcougars.org
Summer Camp for Middle School kids - $350
QCRC offers an excellent and fun summer camp for middle school kids from all public and private schools within the Cincinnati area. Our camp focuses on learning basic rowing skills in a fun and supportive environment. Kids row in 4’s and 4X’s and continue to row in 2X’s and finish learning the single scull (1X). Starting potential rowers in sculling small boats at an early age is the same model that has produced so many successful European clubs and national teams.
- July 1st – 31st
- Practices are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8AM – 10: 30AM