QCRC is a rowing club for Junior and High school students from local public and private school districts
QCRC 2018 Spring Rowing Team
Join our 2018 Spring Rowing Season (No experience required)
Join our successful team of coaches and athletes to compete against some of the best crews in the nation. Athletes also have the ability to meet college coaches at regattas for future scholarship opportunities, advice, and recruitment materials. There are more college scholarships for rowing than ANY other D1 sport! Rowers have gotten scholarships to Harvard, Dartmouth, University of Wisconsin, Boston University, the Ohio State University, and University of Louisville (to name a few).
Local schools that row with QCRC: Cincinnati Country Day School, Mariemont, Walnut Hills, Clark Montessori, Notre Dame Academy, Anderson High School, and West Clermont Schools.
Queen City Rowing Club (QCRC) is located by the Little Miami River at Shelter Cove Marina. 5001 Kellogg Ave, Cincinnati, OH.
Monday–Friday, 3:30 PM–5:30 PM at QCRC Rowing Center
- Rowers will learn to row on Doubles (2x), Quads (4x), and Fours (with coxswain, 4+)
- Rowing college scholarships are available for dedicated rowers
- Regattas are 2000 meter long
- ractices include running, lifting, erging and other workouts
- For more information contact Pedro Palacios @ 513-307-4265 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.queencityrowing.com
- Spring season begins March 9th and ends May 12th
- Parent and Rower informational session will be March 9th at QCRC’s Rowing Center
- Regatta (race) schedule will be distributed at the parent meeting
COST & INFORMATION
- $ 350.00 season fee
- This includes coaching, boats, launches, transportation of boats to regattas, and USRowing membership
- Travel expenses such as hotel, food, regatta fees, uniform are not included
- Athletes are covered by Liability insurance and Boat insurance
Head Coach Pedro Palacios — 513-307-4265 — email@example.com
Leslie Siegman — 513-739-6704 — firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Camp for Middle School kids - $350
QCRC offers an excellent and fun summer camp for middle school kids from all public and private schools within the Cincinnati area. Our camp focuses on learning basic rowing skills in a fun and supportive environment. Kids row in 4’s and 4X’s and continue to row in 2X’s and finish learning the single scull (1X). Starting potential rowers in sculling small boats at an early age is the same model that has produced so many successful European clubs and national teams.
- July 1st – 31st
- Practices are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8AM – 10: 30AM